A. J. Bayley began construction on what we now know as the Bayley House, located in Pilot Hill, in 1861. While his personal goals of developing a hotel and stage stop along the rumored route of the Central Pacific Railroad, failed to come to fruition when the route was diverted to Auburn, the site was more recently recognized in the National Register of Historic Places. During the next few months, we have 2 opportunities to support efforts to restore this site as a museum and cultural center. A community Barn Sale is scheduled for June 4th and the Red Hot Summer Dance Party is scheduled for August 27th. Phase 1 for the restoration was completed in 2008. Phase 2 requires an additional $75,000 to move forward. Proceeds for both of these events take steps towards that end.
Leave a Reply